Monday, October 28, 2013

#73: Star Trek Hot Wheels - U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701


I'm not exactly a big Star Trek fan. I've only seen the two newer movies, plus Wrath of Khan. But the Enterprise is a classic iconic spaceship, so I've been keeping an eye out for the Hot Wheels version of it for a few months. I lucked into it in a display at a grocery store, and snatched it up immediately. I think this is the newer movie version of the ship, and it is sporting some battle damage, in the form of scorch marks painted on various points. I'd have preferred a clean version, but it is what it is. This is also my first instance of a Hot Wheels toy coming out of the package warped. The main dish and body of the Enterprise is metal like normal Hot Wheels toys, but the nacelles and arms they're on are made of plastic. They are a little warped from the packaging, so they aren't completely straight. I think it would have been amusingly ridiculous if the Enterprise had included wheels, but instead there is a small stand for it. The stand is in the shape of what I think is the logo of the Federation, the sort of inverted V shape that is on the communicators.

"Captain, this is most illogical. It needs to be at least three times as big!"

My entire collection of Star Trek toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails